Activity Objective of the work is to carry-out fitness for service assessment.
Client Bunduq Company Limited, Abu-Dhabi, UAE.
Place Kuala Lumpur and Abu-Dhabi, U.A.E.
Pipeline route From WHP-B WHP-C WHP-D WHP-E WHP-F
To CCP CCP CCP CCP CCP
Period Jan 2013 - August 2013
• External assessment was considered in atmospheric zone, splash zone and subsea zone. The degradation rate at each zone was considered with any observed defects to asses’ pipeline pressure capability, taking account of wet coating/corrosion protection coating and CP condition/performance on the applicable zones.
• Internal corrosion defects were assessed to establish the future pressure capability based on estimated corrosion rate and estimate whether the line feasible for service with current MAOP. Internal corrosion modeling was based on contemporary models of CO2-H2S corrosions, H2S cracking, bacteria and aqueous (O2) corrosion as well as SRB.
The desktop study included following steps
• Review pipeline inspection reports (internal/Intelligent pigging and external inspection).
• Calculate the pipeline integrity with the current operating conditions and current MAOP (Maximum Allowable Operating Pressure) and determine remaining life.
- Identify main degradation mechanism and predicted damage mechanism
- perform internal and external corrosion rate calculations
- Calculate pressure retaining capacity of using the procedure as identified in DNV RP-F101.
- Use estimated corrosion rates to protect defect growth (future) and identify when MAOP will be comprise.
• Existing free spans and on bottom stability was checked as per DNV RP F105 and DNV RP E 305-Fatigue life of unsupported pipeline length & additional stability requirement.
• Assess other possible threats to pipeline integrity (e.g. third-party damage)
• A complete report of the analysis, summary of results, including conclusions and recommendations.