Activity To carry-out Stress Analysis for 4 No’s of Causeway Pipelines
Client Abu Dhabi Oil Company Ltd (JAPAN)
Place Abu-Dhabi, U.A.E.
Period Dec’2014 - Jan’ 2015
ADOC intends to carryout Stress Analysis for the following Causeway pipelines.
No Line Description Size inches & Sch. Length M
1. Sour Gas Pipeline 18” Sch.80 19,000
2. L.P Fuel Gas Pipeline 12” Sch. XS 19,000
3. High Pressure Fuel Gas Pipeline 10” Sch. 80 19,000
4. Sweet Gas Injection Pipeline 6” Sch. XXS 8,000
Stress Analysis for Static Conditions carried out for the four (4) Gas transfer lines listed in Section 1.0 above. Stress Analysis for Dynamic conditions not included.
The pipeline stress analysis is to ensure that pipeline system is safe, practical and reliable through their entire lifetime from Installation, Testing to operation while maintaining the requirements of the relevant codes, standards and regulations.
The pipeline will be analyzed for both operational and hydrotest conditions and load combinations with the following loadings applied.
- Pressure and temperature
- Self weight and contents
- End displacement from connecting pipeline section or anchorage force
- Soil displacements at road crossing
- Bed reaction due to settlement load
- Traffic and soil loads.
The analysis will model route profiles and soil conditions & will be performed using Caesar II.