SMART engaged MR Vision to provide Engineering consultancy services for preparation of Basic Design Engineering Package for above Project.
|Activity||BDEP for Upgrade of Pipe Trenches at SMME Base Oil Terminal, Jafza Port, UAE.|
|Client||Shell Markets Middle East Ltd. (SMME) UAE through SMART Technical & Maintenance Services LLC (SMART)|
|Period||February 2018 - March 2018.|
- SMME is intending to modify the following existing pipe trenches:
- Pipe Trench-1 : The 8" insulated Bitumen import line is routed in the pipe trench from Jetty 2.
- Pipe Trench -2 & 3 : The 4" insulated PMB Feed line is routed in the pipe trench.
- Pipe Trench -5 : 5 Nos. 4" Base Oil lines are routed in the pipe trench for GTL/Base OIL.
- SMME had appointed SMART to carry out a study for upgrade of pipe trenches at SMME Base Oil Terminal.
- SMART engaged MR Vision to provide Engineering consultancy services for preparation of Basic Design Engineering Package for above Project.
- The existing Trench construction was done in 22 years back and not considered any Shell DEP requirements. Therefore, SMME proposes to widen the trenches suitably to provide adequate space between the pipe and trench wall for proper access for inspection of the pipes, including replacement of heavy concrete cover slab with removal type trench covers. The new facility shall be installed with minimum modifications and interruptions to the terminal operation.