|Activity||Detailed Engineering for Fuel Gas Piping for Gas Engine GIP|
|Client||Bunduq Company Limited (BCL), Abu-Dhabi, UAE.|
|Place||Arabian Gulf Abu-Dhabi, U.A.E.|
|Period||Feb 2012 - March 2012.|
The Objectives of this project is to carry out detailed Engineering for Fuel Gas Piping for Gas Engine GIP which included:
- Line sizing calculations is to check whether the velocity, Mach number and pressure drop in the fuel gas line (from WIP to GIP) are within the limits as per API-14E, for the given flow rates and operating conditions.
- To check whether condensation occurs at Fuel Gas line from WIP to GIP and simulation was carried out in HYSYS using the compositions data received from client.
- To compute the sum of longitudinal stress in the piping system due to pressure, weight, sustained loads (SL) and occasional loads (wind loads) which shall not exceed the basic allowable stress at design metal temperature during displacement cycle (Sh).
- To compute the displacement stress range for the above piping system which shall not exceed the allowable displacement stress range as defined by ASME B31.3.
- To compute reaction on supports.