Activity Detailed Engineering for Extension of Nitrogen Pipeline from Ruwais Refinery East Battery Limit to Existing Nitrogen Network.
Client TAKREER through EMCO
Place Abu-Dhabi, U.A.E.
Period April 2017 – Feb. 2019
Extension of new nitrogen pipeline from Ruwais Refinery battery limit to the existing nitrogen network of Refinery utilities at Ruwais Refinery East to achieve the following PROJECT objectives:
- Provide an 8” nitrogen header line by tie-in to the existing GASCO nitrogen network, at the Refinery battery limit with Flow Meter, O2 Analyzer, Pressure and Temperature Indicators;
- Provide a 6” nitrogen branch line from the header and tie-in to the existing nitrogen network at Unit 832 for supplementing nitrogen to GDP and BOU units. Provide Control Valves, Shutdown Valve, Flow Meter, Hot Tapping Calculations etc. for effective control & operation of the system;
- Provide a 4” nitrogen branch line from the header and tie-in to the existing nitrogen network at Unit 32 for supplementing nitrogen to HSK/HCK/COND units. Provide Control Valves, Shutdown Valve, Flow Meter etc. for effective control & operation of the system;
- Carryout the adequacy check of the existing pipe rack to cater to the incremental load due to the new piping;
- Replace the existing deformed beam (1 no) at Grid 23/ (G-H) in the pipe rack with a suitable higher size beam;
- Ensure the safe operation of the new gaseous nitrogen and tie-in to existing Nitrogen network in Ruwais Refinery. Integration of the new gaseous nitrogen line with existing refinery network is to be engineered to operate the entire refinery network safely for intended objective of the PROJECT
- Achieve timely completion of the PROJECT within the parameters set forth;
- Manage and minimize environmental, operational and maintenance impacts.