Activity To carry-out structural integrity assessment for the existing 4-legged wellhead platform
Client Bunduq Company Limited (BCL), Abu-Dhabi, UAE.
Place Arabian Gulf Abu-Dhabi, U.A.E.
Period July 2011 – Sep 2011 - (WHP-A) Feb 2012 – April 2012 - (WHP-D)
The objective of the study is to carry-out structural integrity assessment for the existing 4-legged wellhead platform and propose required structural Strengthening to extend the operating life by 20 years above the original.
Phase -1 Study:
• Perform global in place structural analysis and establish the current stress levels using latest applicable standards, loading and current in place conditions.
• Perform Deterministic / Spectral Fatigue Analysis of the platform, considering an extended 20 years’ service from the present conditions.
• Propose/identify modifications to loading or structural strengthening if necessary, to extend the operating lives by 20 years above the original life using fatigue life predictions on the existing or modified structures.
Phase -2 Study:
• Perform Non-linear Push over Analysis on the structures to establish the reserve strength ratio of intact and damaged structures and to establish the Boat impact capacity of the platform/boat landing.
• Based on the outcome of the Phase-1, carryout detailed design of the strengthening & mitigation measures.